BHL OPERATING PROCEDURES - Continued
Do not jump on or off the BHL. Always face the BHL, use handrails and steps, and use three
points of contact to get onto or off the BHL. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or
death to personnel.
If the BHL has not been operated for several weeks or engine oil filter has been replaced,
prime turbocharger with oil per Priming Turbocharger procedure below. Failure to comply
may result in damage to turbocharger.
If engine fails to start after two attempts, allow battery to recover for 4 to 5 minutes before
repeating starting procedure (steps 6 thru 10 below).
For description and use of operator controls and indicators, refer to WP 0004 thru WP 0009.
1. Make sure seat is in normal driving position.
2. Adjust seat and fasten seat belt.
3. Engage parking brake.
4. Shift direction control lever to neutral position.
5. Make sure engine hand throttle is in idle position.
6. Turn starter key switch to ON position.
If operating in blackout conditions, do not set light control switch to SER. DRIVE position.
Start engine, then set switch to appropriate setting.
7. Set light control switch to SER. DRIVE position. Audible alarm will sound.
If engine grid heater indicator lamp illuminates, wait until lamp extinguishes before engaging
8. Make sure low engine oil pressure warning lamp and alternator warning lamp illuminate.
9. Make sure air filter restriction warning lamp and hydraulic oil filter warning lamp momentarily illuminate.