BHL OPERATING PROCEDURES - Continued
Unloading The BHL Off Trailer
The BHL can slip and fall from trailer or ramp. Make sure trailer and ramp are not slippery.
Remove all oil, grease, ice, etc. Carefully move the BHL off trailer with the BHL centered on
trailer and ramp. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
For description and use of operator controls and indicators, refer to WP 0004 thru WP 0009.
Refer to unit SOP for detailed procedure.
1. Make sure chains and load binders securing the BHL to trailer are removed.
2. Make sure chocks are removed from the BHL front and rear wheels.
4. Fasten seat belt and start engine.
5. Make sure backhoe is in transport position and that swing lock pin is installed (WP 0012).
7. Shift direction control lever to appropriate position.
8. Shift gear selection control lever to 1st gear.
9. Disengage parking brake and slowly drive the BHL off trailer.
END OF WORK PACKAGE