BACKHOE OPERATING PROCEDURES - Continued
Moving The BHL Away From Excavation Site On Level Ground Using Backhoe
Do not use backhoe bucket to move the BHL on a side slope. The BHL may topple. Failure
to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
For description and use of operator controls and indicators, refer to WP 0004 thru WP 0009.
1. Make sure front wheels are straight forward.
2. Decrease engine speed to 1,200 rpm.
3. Raise backhoe boom and retract dipper.
4. Move backhoe boom as required to put bucket teeth on firm ground.
5. Lower backhoe bucket to ground (Figure 5).
6. Raise stabilizers and FEL bucket about 1 foot (30 cm) above ground.
7. Use backhoe boom and dipper to move the BHL away from excavation. Move backhoe dipper out slowly
and at same time lower boom.
8. At new position, lower stabilizers and FEL bucket to ground and level the BHL.
Figure 5. Moving the BHL Using Backhoe.