UNUSUAL ENVIRONMENT/WEATHER - Continued
Hot Weather Operation
Operating vehicle in hot weather increases risk of heat stress. Heat stress impairs
performance. Drink lots of water. Work and rest in shade when possible. Use air
conditioning. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Prolonged exposure to bright sunlight produces very hot metal surfaces which will burn flesh
on contact. Wear gloves when contacting hot metal surfaces. Wear additional protective
clothing as required. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Mold, mildew, and fungus grow very quickly on glass, rubber, and leather surfaces in hot,
humid weather. Keep all glass, rubber, and leather surfaces clean and dry in hot humid
weather. Failure to comply may result in damage to these materials.
Hot, dry weather usually creates a great deal of dust. Pay extra attention to filters and
radiator. Make sure they do not become clogged. Lubrication may have to be performed
more often (WP 0022). Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
1. Keep coolant at correct level in coolant reservoir and radiator (WP 0023).
2. Use correct solution of antifreeze and water in cooling system (WP 0023).
3. Request field level maintenance test radiator cap before seasonal hot weather begins and replace as
4. Clean dirt and debris from radiator and engine area (WP 0024).
5. Check condition of alternator and air conditioning belts (WP 0022).