FORDING - Continued
For description and use of operator controls and indicators, refer to WP 0004 thru WP 0009.
1. Check both entry and exit slopes for maximum angles of 15 percent.
2. Check that water velocity is no more than 5 miles per hour (8 km/h). This is equivalent to 7 feet (2m) per
3. Check bottom of stream to make sure that it is firm enough to support the BHL and that it is free of
4. Set 4WD switch (Figure 3, Item 1) to Four-Wheel Drive (4WD) position.
5. Enter water at no more than 5 miles per hour (8 km/h) and maintain an even speed.
6. When clear of stream and on level terrain, make several gradual stops to clear water from service brakes
and to be sure brakes work properly.
7. As soon as possible, open tool box, make sure it has drained properly, and dry off the tools with wiping
8. After fording, lubricate front and rear drive shaft slip splines (WP 0022).
Figure 3. 4WD Switch.