SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
Tools and Special Tools
DA Form 5988-E
DA PAM 738-750
DD Form 1397
DD Form 314
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
1. Read and follow all instructions on DD Form 1397 attached to conspicuous part of the Backhoe Loader
Wear protective clothing and gloves when removing packing materials and protective
coatings. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
2. Remove metal strapping, plywood, tapes, seals, and wrappings, if necessary.
3. Remove rust preventive compound from coated exterior parts with cleaning compound and wiping rag.
4. Inspect equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If equipment has been damaged, report
damage on SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report.
5. Check equipment against packing slip to see if shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies per
applicable service instructions (DA PAM 738-750).
6. Check to see if equipment has been modified.
PRELIMINARY CHECKS AND ADJUSTMENT OF EQUIPMENT
1. Inspect equipment for possible damage incurred during shipment. If equipment has been damaged,
report damage on SF 368, Product Quality Deficiency Report.
2. Check equipment against packing slip to see if shipment is complete. Report all differences using
procedure given in DA PAM 738-750.