PMCS - Continued
Table 1. PMCS - Continued.
ITEM TO BE
When engine has been operating,
metal surfaces are hot and will burn
flesh on contact. Make sure engine
has been allowed to cool before
making engine checks. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or
death to personnel.
1. Check coolant reservoir level is
Coolant level low.
between HOT MAX and COLD
MIN marks, and add coolant
2. Check for leaks, damage, or loose
Class III leaks.
3. Check radiator for clogging by dirt
Radiator damaged or
and debris and clean as required
clogged by dirt or
4. Check windshield washer
Solvent level low.
reservoir level and add solvent as
Fan and belts
1. Check condition of fan.
Belts loose, dam-
conditioning belts for tension and
aged, or excessively
Engine air filter
1. Check hoses and fittings for
Hoses or fittings
damage. Hoses should be
brittle or cracked.
2. Check air filter body for damage
Air filter body dam-
aged or corroded.
1. Check turbocharger, exhaust pipe
Exhaust pipe or
damage, leaks, or missing parts.
2. Close and latch hood.