SERVICING PROCEDURES - Continued
FEL Lift Arms Safety Support Strut Disengagement
1. From operator seat, start engine, raise FEL lift arms slightly, and shut engine off.
2. Remove retaining pin (Figure 1, Item 1) and pin (Figure 1, Item 2) from FEL lift arms safety support strut
(Figure 1, Item 3).
3. Hold FEL lift arms safety support strut (Figure 1, Item 3) in stow position and install pin (Figure 1, Item 2)
and retaining pin (Figure 1, Item 1).
4. From operator seat, slowly lower FEL lift arms to ground.
5. Shut engine off.
Engine Hood Raising/Closing
Raising Engine Hood. To raise engine hood, proceed as follows:
Make sure engine is shut off before raising engine hood. Hot metal surfaces will burn flesh
on contact. Exercise care when raising hood and servicing engine. Failure to comply may
result in serious injury to personnel.
1. Engage parking brake.
2. Stand on left side of the BHL and turn handle (Figure 2, Item 1) on top of engine hood counterclockwise
(CCW) to release hood.
3. Use lift handle (Figure 2, Item 2) on side of engine hood and raise hood and rotate forward.
Figure 2. Engine Hood Raising/Closing.