PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
1. This work package contains requirements and procedures for administrative storage of equipment that is
issued to and in use by Army activities worldwide.
2. The requirements specified herein are necessary to maintain equipment in administrative storage in such a
way as to achieve the maximum readiness condition.
3. Equipment that is placed in administrative storage should be capable of being readied to perform its mission
within a 24-hour period, or as may be otherwise prescribed by the approving authority. Before equipment is
placed in administrative storage, current Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) should be
completed and deficiencies corrected.
4. Report equipment in administrative storage as prescribed for all reportable equipment.
5. Perform inspections, maintenance services, and lubrication as specified herein.
6. Records and reports to be maintained for equipment in administrative storage are those prescribed by DA PAM
750-8 for equipment in use.
7. A 10-percent variance is acceptable on time used to determine the required maintenance actions.
8. Accomplishment of applicable PMCS, as mentioned throughout this work package, will be on a semiannual
9. Correct all shortcomings and deficiencies prior to storage, or obtain a deferment from the approving authority.
Definition of Administrative Storage
The placement of equipment in administrative storage can be for short periods of time when a shortage of
maintenance effort exists. Items should be ready for use within the time factors as determined by the directing
authority. During the storage period, appropriate maintenance records must be kept.
PREPARATION OF EQUIPMENT FOR ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE
1. Maintenance Services and Inspection.
a. Maintenance Services. Prior to storage, perform the next scheduled PMCS.
b. Inspection. Inspect and approve the equipment prior to storage. Do not place non-mission-capable
equipment in storage.
2. Lubrication. Lubricate equipment in accordance with WP 0088.