Table 1. Alternator Does Not Charge or Alternator Charging Indicator Fault - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Alternator Does Not Charge
or Alternator Charging
Indicator Fault - Continued
· Keep all tools and small parts away from machine while engine is
· Hearing protection is required when standing within 50 ft (15.2 m) of the
machine while it is operating.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
8. Position boot aside and place posi-
tive (red) lead (Figure 9, Item 1) of
connection (Figure 9, Item 2) at the
9. Place negative (black) lead of digi-
10. With engine still running, monitor
Voltage 24 to 28 Volts - Remove
and record voltage on digital multi-
clampmeter from battery cable at
meter. Voltage should be 24 to 28
Proceed to Test Step 5.
Voltage Less Than 24 Volts - Proceed
to Test Step 5.
Voltage Greater Than 28 Volts -
Proceed to Test Step 8.