Table 1. Transmission Does Not Downshift When Transmission Kickdown Switch Is Activated.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Transmission Does Not
· Always inspect the wiring harness connectors that are involved in the
circuit. Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an
Switch Is Activated
electrical circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and
secure, and that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with a
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction is
active before performing this procedure.
· Perform an open or short circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Perform this test only if the condition is active.
Test Step 1. Verify Transmission
Kickdown Switch Input on Front
1. Place powershift lever (Figure 1,
Item 3) in the N position (TM 5-
Refer to How To Use On-Board Diagnostics (WP 0006) to understand the
front display screen indicators.
2. Press and hold the M button (Fig-
ure 1, Item 1) on the front display
panel (Figure 1, Item 2) (WP
0006), and turn the ignition switch
to the on position (TM 5-2420-231-
Figure 1. Front Display Panel.