PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS) INTRODUCTION
1. To ensure the Backhoe Loader (BHL) is ready for operation at all times, it must be inspected on a regular basis
so defects may be found and corrected before they result in injury, damage, or equipment failure.
2. WP 0088 contains systematic instructions on inspections, lubrications, services, tests, and corrections to be
performed by Field Maintenance to keep your equipment in good operating condition and ready for its primary
3. Table 2 lists mandatory replacement parts, by interval, for the BHL.
4. The KEY, located with General Lubrication Procedures after Table 1, lists the types, amounts, and temperature
ranges of the lubricants required for specified intervals.
5. For information on Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPC), refer to WP 0369.
6. The BHL is not enrolled in the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP). HARDTIME INTERVALS APPLY.
EXPLANATION OF TABLE ENTRIES
1. Item Number (Item No.) Column. Numbers in this column are for reference. When completing DA Form 2404
or DA Form 5988-E (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet), include the item number for the
check/service indicating a fault. Item numbers also appear in the order that you must perform checks and
services for the interval listed.
If both an hours and calendar interval are provided, perform check or service at whichever
interval comes first.
2. Interval Column. This column tells you when you must perform the procedure in the procedure column.
a. Daily procedures must be performed daily.
b. Hours procedures must be performed at the hour interval specified.
Biweekly procedures must be done once every two weeks.
d. Quarterly procedures must be done once every three months.
e. Semianually procedures must be done once every six months.
Annually procedures must be done once every year.
g. Biennially procedures must be done once every two years.
3. Man-Hours Column. This column indicates man-hours required to complete prescribed procedure.
4. Location, Item to Check/Service Column. This column provides the location and item to be checked or