Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure
to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
The engine and transmission assembly weighs 1,856 lb (841 kg).
24. Attach sling and lifting equipment to engine and transmission assembly.
25. Using lifting device, support the weight of the engine/transmission assembly.
26. Remove four bolts (Figure 36, Item 3), washers (Figure 36, Item 2), and engine stand adapter (Figure 36,
Item 1) from engine.
Use caution while installing engine/transmission assembly in machine. Have an assistant
guide the engine/transmission assembly into place while watching for contact between the
engine/transmission assembly and various components on the machine. Failure to follow
this caution may result in damage to the machine.
27. Using lifting device, install the engine and transmission assembly in the machine.
28. With the engine/transmission assembly in position on machine, suspend engine/transmission assembly just
high enough to maintain access to the left and right transmission mount bracket bolts.
Figure 36. Engine and Transmission Assembly.