The procedure for wheel and tire removal and replacement is identical for left-hand and
right-hand wheel and tire. Left-hand wheel and tire is shown in this procedure.
3. Place truck wheel lift (Figure 2, Item 1) into position.
4. Remove 10 nuts (Figure 2, Item 2) and washers (Figure 2, Item 3) from wheel and tire assembly
(Figure 2, Item 4).
5. With assistance, remove wheel and tire assembly (Figure 2, Item 4) from machine.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for right-hand wheel and tire.
Figure 2. Tire Assembly.
END OF TASK
1. Remove valve stem core from valve stem to deflate tire (Figure 3, Item 3).
When dislodging tire beads, be absolutely certain no air pressure remains in tire. Failure
to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Use tire and rim lubricant as necessary to avoid damaging tire beads or bead seats during
demounting and mounting. Never use petroleum-based products such as oil or grease
when demounting/mounting tires from rims. Petroleum-based products have a severe
degrading effect on tire rubber. Use only approved tire and rim lubricant. Failure to follow
this caution may result in damage to equipment.
2. Loosen outer tire bead from rim (Figure 3, Item 1). Work around rim (Figure 3, Item 1) until tire bead is
completely free of rim.
3. Turn tire (Figure 3, Item 3) and wheel (Figure 3, Item 2) over.
4. Loosen inner tire bead from inner rim (Figure 3, Item 1) and work around rim until tire bead is free of inner rim.