7. Position transmission/differential lift under rear drive axle housing.
8. Remove eight bolts (Figure 3, Item 5), washers (Figure 3, Item 4), nuts (Figure 3, Item 3), washers (Figure 3,
Item 2), and two mounts (Figure 3, Item 6) from rear drive axle housing (Figure 3, Item 1).
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support during
procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of suitable load
capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to follow this
warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Rear drive axle housing weighs approximately 850 lb (386 kg).
Note location of axle prior to removal to aid in installation.
9. Using suitable lifting device, lower rear drive axle housing and remove from machine.
10. Attach slings and lifting device to rear drive axle housing.
11. Using lifting device, remove rear drive axle housing from transmission/differential lift and lower onto a flat
12. Remove lifting device and slings from rear drive axle housing.
Figure 3. Rear Drive Axle Removal.
END OF TASK