Before starting or operating this loader, read the following general precautions. These are listed here to help you
protect the loader and to remind you of protection for yourself and those around you. Sound judgment and
observance of these rules will help make your job a safer one.
1. Do not place the loader under load without the proper engine oil pressure and operating temperature.
2. To prevent any possible damage to the alternator, the electrical system master switch must be in the ON
position when the engine is running. The switch must be in the OFF position only when the engine is shut down
at the end of each day or when the operator leaves the loader unattended.
3. Never shift the transmission into neutral when going downhill. The loader may go out of control or the
transmission, converter or engine may be damaged when the transmission is again placed in gear.
4. During normal operation, the turbocharger must be free from vibration and unusual noises.
STARTING THE ENGINE
The turbocharger must be primed when the engine has been idle for 30 days or more.
Failure to comply could cause damage to equipment.
1. Set electrical system master switch to ON.
2. Be sure parking brake is applied.
3. Be sure transmission directional lever is in neutral (N).
4. Be sure engine shutdown control is fully pushed in.
5. Depress accelerator pedal to one-half engine speed position at temperatures above +50°F (+10°C) or to full-
speed position at temperatures below +50°F (+10°C).
Figure 4. Starting The Engine.