OPERATING TECHNIQUES CONTINUED
Dumping Into a Truck or Hopper
1. When dumping into a truck or bin, raise bucket so that it clears top edge safely, and then move loader forward
so bucket is within dumping area (Figure 19). Apply extreme left brake treadle. Position boom control lever in
HOLD. Push bucket control lever slowly forward. This will cause bucket to spill its load. Dumping load slowly
will ease shock of suddenly adding weight to truck or receptacle.
Figure 19. Loading a Truck.
2. After discharging load, operate bucket control lever to close bucket. Use only enough pressure to activate
control valve. When bucket reaches preset position it will kick out and stop bucket.
3. If hopper or car is higher than maximum reach of loader, build a ramp (Figure 20).
4. Move loader to hopper and raise boom to clear sides. Set boom positioner control at proper height.
Figure 20. Hopper Loading.
5. Load bucket as outlined in this work package. Try to maintain stock pile as close to hopper as possible. With
bucket loaded, approach hopper, raising boom during approach.
6. Boom will raise to proper height and stop. Open bucket to dump into hopper, close bucket while reversing, and
return to stock pile for new load.