OPERATING TECHNIQUES CONTINUED
Removing Large Trees
1. To remove large trees, make cuts around tree weakening tree roots (Figure 28). After cut is done, fill one side
of cut to allow loader to approach tree. Push tree, with bucket at eye level, until tree starts to fall.
2. Back loader away. Approach root, position bucket under roots, and push tree from area.
Figure 28. Clearing Large Trees.
Moving Railroad Cars
1. Attach cable to car coupler and to welded hook on loader bucket (Figure 29).
2. Station man on car to operate car brakes.
3. Keep loader as close to car as possible and move car.
4. Car will be difficult to place in motion, but much harder to stop.
5. Avoid excessive speed. Allow car to coast ahead of loader to keep both cables tight.
6. Bring car to a smooth stop with loader and brakes.
Figure 29. Moving Railroad Cars.
END OF TASK