PREPARATION FOR STORAGE CONTINUED
5. Drain water from fuel tank and fill with approved diesel fuel (WP 0013).
6. Seal engine air intake, exhaust outlet, electrical components, fuel tank vent line, and breathers on crankcase
and hydraulic reservoir to prevent dirt and moisture from entering.
7. Remove the batteries and store them in a cool dry place 32 to 50°F (0 to 10°C) to minimize self-discharge. Be
sure the batteries are fully charged. Check batteries once a month for water level and specific gravity. Never
allow batteries to run down below 3/4 full charge.
8. Coat all machined, unpainted surfaces with chassis grease to prevent rust.
9. Oil all connections, joints, nuts, pins, shaft, and bushings of control linkage which are not provided with a
10. If bucket is detached for storage, secure the cylinder to loader to avoid damage.
11. If it is desirable to leave tires on loader, jack loader up and place it on blocks leaving tires in suspension.
Deflate and cover the tires.
ONE-MONTH REPETITIVE SERVICE PERIOD
1. Remove the coverings from engine crankcase breather tube, exhaust outlet, electrical components, fuel tank
vent line, and engine air intake. Install air intake cap.
2. Check cooling system for leaks, loose connections, and proper coolant level (WP 0013)
3. Check engine oil level and add appropriate oil as required (WP 0013).
5. Install fully charged batteries (WP 0045). Notify Field Maintenance.
6. With engine shutdown handle pulled out and electrical system master switch in the ON position, crank engine
until an oil pressure reading is indicated on engine oil pressure gauge.
Cranking engine should be limited to 30 second intervals as outlined under Starting the
7. Start engine and run at low to medium speed for 20 minutes and then shut down.
8. Remove the air intake cap. Seal the engine crankcase breather tube, exhaust outlet, electrical components,
fuel tank vent line, and engine air intake.
9. If loader has been stored for a period of one year:
a. Fuel system must be completely drained and refilled with approved diesel fuel. Fuel filters must also be
b. Engine oil must be drained and replaced with recommended lubricating oil. Oil filters must also be