Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting Procedures for H100C Loader - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Check for loose oil lines and oil leaks. If oil lines are loose or leaks are found
7. Excessive Engine Oil
or if OK and problem still exists, notify
Check air cleaner service indicator.
If air cleaner indicator is on, service
Smoke (At Normal
retest. If problem still exists, notify
Allow engine to warm up to operating
Check and monitor coolant tempera-
temperature and monitor gauge (WP
Smoke (White) During
exists, notify Field Maintenance.
When action alarm sounds immediately shut down engine to prevent damage.
Allow 10 to 15 minutes for oil to drain
If engine oil is low, fill to correct level
10. Low Engine Oil Pressure
Alert Indicator, Action
notify Field Maintenance.
Light, and Action Alarm
· DO NOT service cooling system unless engine has been allowed to cool down. This is a pressurized
cooling system and escaping steam or hot coolant will cause serious burns.
· DO NOT remove cooling system radiator cap when engine is hot. Allow engine to cool down. Failure to
follow this warning may cause serious burns.
· Wear effective eye, hand, and skin protection when handling coolants. Failure to do so may cause injury.
1. Check coolant temperature gauge
Reduce load and continue to monitor
11. Coolant Temperature
for an indication in red or orange
Gauge Indicates Engine
or orange range, go to step 2.
2. Allow engine to idle to cool down.
If problem still exists, go to step 3.
3. Check cooling system for leaks.
If leaks are found, notify Field Mainte-
nance. If no leaks are found, go to
4. Check coolant level.
ant level is OK, notify Field Mainte-