Place a suitable drain pan under hydraulic reservoir-to-pump inlet line.
17. Remove clamps and disconnect hydraulic reservoir-to-pump inlet line. Tag, identify, disconnect, and plug all
reservoir, pump and hose lines and open ports to keep dirt from entering hydraulic system.
18. Tag, disconnect and plug or cap all lines at torque converter, main hydraulic pump and converter charging
19. Disconnect and remove transmission-to-torque converter propeller shaft (WP 0048).
20. Attach suitable lifting device to engine.
Do not remove mounting brackets from engine.
21. Remove bolts and nuts that secure front and rear engine mounting brackets to frame.
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure that any lifting equipment is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported by lifting equipment. Failure to
follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
22. Carefully lift engine out of loader, checking for any wires, hoses or connections that may have been over-
23. Set engine in an engine stand and remove lifting device from engine.
24. Attach suitable lifting device to torque converter.
25. Remove bolts and torque converter from engine.
26. Set torque converter in a properly supported position.
END OF TASK
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Clean debris from engine compartment and check for wear or damage to wires, hoses or tubes. Repair or replace
END OF TASK