Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure that any lifting equipment is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported by lifting equipment. Failure to
follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
1. Attach suitable lifting device to torque converter. Install torque converter and bolts to engine. Remove lifting
2. Using a suitable lifting device, raise engine from its stand and position it over engine compartment. Slowly
lower engine into compartment, positioning engine mounting brackets onto support brackets on frame. Use a
drift to line up mounting holes. Install mounting bolts and washers. Use new nuts on all mounting bolts. Refer to
WP 0122 for special torques when tightening bolts. Remove lifting device from engine.
3. Position and install transmission-to-torque converter propeller shaft (WP 0048).
Install hoses, tubes and lines as noted during removal.
4. Remove plugs and caps from hoses, tubes and converter and pump ports. Connect all tagged lines to their
proper ports. Use new O-rings. Be sure all split flange clamps are properly seated before tightening cap-
5. Connect all tagged lines to hydraulic reservoir. Be certain that all plugs and/or caps are removed before mak-
ing connections. Check reservoir drain valve to be sure it is closed, and drain plugs are in place and tightened.
Tighten all clamps.
6. Install two heater hoses and clamps to engine. Open two heater shut-off valves.
7. Install electrical wire to coolant temperature sending unit (WP 0044).
8. Install two electrical wires to oil pressure sending unit (WP 0044).
9. Connect emergency shutdown control linkage to fuel injection pump (WP 0034).
10. Connect accelerator cable to injector actuating arm (WP 0028).
12. Connect oil drain hose to fuel tank. Install U-bolt.
13. Connect fuel supply line to fuel pump.
14. Connect air compressor outlet line. Connect air compressor governor line to air compressor (WP 0064 and
15. Feed battery cables into battery box, but do not connect to battery.
16. Connect ether supply line to bottom port of thermal shut-off valve at rear of water manifold.
17. Feed battery cables into engine compartment. Connect battery cables to starter (WP 0043).