Use extreme caution when lifting heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure that lifting equipment used is on solid footing, is in good
condition, and is of suitable lift capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting
equipment. Failure to follow this warning may result in death or injury to personnel or damage to
1. Attach suitable lifting device to converter housing (Figure 3, Item 3). Remove slack from lifting device.
2. Line up punch marks and carefully install converter housing (Figure 3, Item 3) on engine flywheel housing.
3. Apply thread sealant to bolts (Figure 3, Item 2).
4. Install 12 new lockwashers (Figure 3, Item 1) and bolts (Figure 3, Item 3) on converter housing (Figure 3, Item
3) and engine flywheel housing. Torque bolts to 50 to 60 lb-ft (67.79 to 81.34 Nm).
5. Install propshaft on converter housing (WP 0049).
Figure 3. Propshaft and Converter.