CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Clean all parts IAW General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0019). Remove all burrs and rough spots from yoke
flanges and from slip joint splines. Use a fine tooth file or an India stone. Do not disassemble bearing
2. Inspect propeller shaft for signs of torsional fractures or other indications of impending failure.
3. Parts that are to be assembled immediately should be coated with light oil to prevent corrosion. If parts are to
be stored, coat with a good grade rust preventive, and wrap in paper treated to prevent corrosion.
4. Replace all seals and packings.
5. Place bearing assemblies on spider and check for wear. If they are worn, replace complete spider.
END OF TASK
1. Install packing retainer washer (Figure 4, Item 1), new packing (Figure 4, Item 3), packing retainer washer
(Figure 4, Item 1) on splined shaft (Figure 4, Item 4). Coat splined shaft with grease.
2. Slide slip yoke (Figure 4, Item 5) onto splined shaft (Figure 4, Item 4). Align marks made during disassembly.
Screw slip yoke onto splined shaft and tighten enough to avoid leakage when shaft is greased.