Follow manufacturer's instructions for application and curing time for Loctite Plastic
1. Coat differential mounting face of axle housing (Figure 1, Item 7) with Loctite Plastic Gasket. Apply a light
coating of plastic gasket to threads of 12 bolts (Figure 1, Item 2).
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure that any lifting equipment is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported by lifting equipment. Failure to
follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel. In event of injury, seek
2. With axle housing (Figure 1, Item 1) blocked securely, lift differential (Figure 1, Item 5) into position on axle
housing, making sure holes are correctly aligned.
3. Install 12 new lockwashers (Figure 1, Item 3) and bolts (Figure 1, Item 2). Tighten capscrews gradually and
evenly around circumference of carrier flange to 150 to 175 lb-ft (203 to 237 Nm).
5. With drain plug hole in axle housing facing up, fill front axle with gear lubricant.
6. Install new O-ring on drain plug (Figure 1, Item 6) and install drain plug on axle housing (Figure 1, Item 7).
Tighten plug securely.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE