CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Clean and inspect axle IAW General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0019).
END OF TASK
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during the procedure. Ensure that any lifting equipment used is in good
condition and of suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported by lifting
equipment. Failure to follow this Warning may result in death or injury to personnel. In
event of injury, seek medical assistance.
1. Use a suitable lifting device to position axle on a suitable support stand placed under differential bowl.
2. With assistance, move rear axle under loader until it is in original mounting position. Support rear axle with a
suitable support stand placed under each end.
3. Install axle (Figure 1, Item 3), eight bolts (Figure 1, Item 4), sixteen washers (Figure 1, Item 2), and eight nuts
(Figure 1, Item 1) to bolster plate.
4. Remove lifting device and support stands. Tighten nuts to 3,500 lb-ft (4,745 Nm).
5. Install two brake lines on axle assembly (WP 0058).
7. Install two wheel assemblies on axle.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE