CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR CONTINUED
1. Freeze insert before installing. Apply a thin coat of Loctite 270 retaining compound to crankcase counterbore
seat and approximately two-thirds (2/3) up bore.
2. Install crankcase cylinder sleeve counterbore insert into counterbore.
3. Allow insert to return to room temperature.
4. Machine counterbore of installed insert as specified in Figure 6.
Extreme care must be taken to hold insert counterbore seat parallel with crankcase top
deck as specified. Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to equipment.
5. Machine insert pilot bore as specified in Figure 6.
Figure 6. Modification of Crankcase.