REAR MAIN OIL SEAL REPLACEMENT CONTINUED
Seal bore in retainer must be concentric with crankshaft within 0.010 in. (0.0025 mm) full
indicator measure as shaft is rotated 360 degrees.
7. Coat inside diameter of wear sleeve and outside diameter of seal with a thin film of sealing compound, RTV-
732. Care should be taken not to get any of this liquid on seal lip or outside diameter of wear sleeve.
Do not remove seal from sleeve during assembly.
8. Bolt crankshaft attaching adapter plate to crankshaft.
9. Place utilized seal assembly installing adapter plate. Radius on outside diameter if wear sleeve is to be located
Two spacers are included with this tool are to be used when installing double lip seal
assemblies in retainer on PTO gear along with two longer capscrews.
Seal face must be parallel with rear of crankshaft within 0.010 in. (0.25 mm).
10. Place hydraulic cam (OTC-Y-15A or equivalent) on adapter plate and secure with washer and nut. Install seal
and sleeve onto shaft into housing or retainer as one assembly to dimensions "A" and "B" per Figure 2.