13. Tighten valve lever shaft set screws and locknut in intermediate valve lever brackets. Install two capscrews
and flat washers securing intermediate valve lever brackets to cylinder head.
14. Install straight pipe adapter (Figure 27, Item 2), inverted nut tube (Figure 27, Item 3), and water transfer tube
(Figure 27, Item 4), on cylinder head (Figure 27, Item 1).
Figure 27. Water Transfer Tube.
15. Install intake and exhaust manifolds (WP 0026).
16. Do not install turbocharger or intercooler at this time (if equipped).
17. Torque cylinder head nuts in sequence. Do not tighten to full torque immediately. The nuts must be torqued in
a. 130 lb-ft (175 Nm).
b. 200 lb-ft (270 Nm).
250 lb-ft (340 Nm).
d. Loosen one nut at a time1/4 turn and torque to 300 lb-ft (407 Nm) in sequence shown (Figure 28).
e. If stud No. 25 is equipped with a crab assembly, loosen nut No. 25 1/4 turn and torque to
420 lb-ft (570 Nm).
After engine is run under load and operating temperature is obtained, loosen one nut at a time
1/4 turn and torque to 300 lb-ft (407 Nm) in sequence shown (Figure 28).