Seal must be installed on side of sleeve with chamfer on outside diameter to avoid
damage to seal lip.
3. Install seal (Figure 13, Item 1) on sleeve (Figure 13, Item 2).
Figure 13. Assembling Seal to Sleeve.
4. If loader is equipped with a crankshaft rear oil seal retainer, assemble retainer to flywheel housing making sure
it is centered to crankshaft by using centering tool, 1 020 471 R1 (part of old installing tool PLT-513-7) and bolt
to flywheel housing. Tighten Nylok capscrews to 20 lb-ft (27 Nm).
Seal bore in retainer must be concentric with crankshaft within 0.010 in. (0.025 mm).
5. If removed, install flywheel housing.
Care should be taken not to get any of this RTV on seal lip or outside diameter of wear
sleeve. Failure to follow this Caution may result in damage to equipment.
At no time should seal be removed from sleeve during assembly.
6. Coat inside diameter of wear sleeve and outside diameter of rear main oil seal with RTV.
7. Bolt crankshaft attaching adapter plate to crankshaft.
8. Place unitized seal assembly (Figure 13, Item 1) on adapter plate. Position radius on outside diameter of wear
sleeve (Figure 13, Item 2) toward rear.