CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Clean and inspect all parts IAW General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0019).
If any gear is to be replaced because of damaged teeth, all of the gears that mesh with the
damaged gear must also be replaced.
2. Inspect all gears for wear, chipped teeth, or otherwise damaged condition, and replace as necessary.
3. Inspect fan drive and hydraulic pump idler gear bearings for chipped or pitted rollers and damaged cups. If any
part of these bearings is excessively worn, complete bearing must be replaced, as bearing is furnished only as
4. If it is necessary to remove bearing cup (Figure 9, Item 2) from gear (Figure 9, Item 3), remove retaining snap
ring (Figure 9, Item 1) and press cup out of gear.
Chill new cup prior to installation.
5. Press cup into gear (Figure 9, Item 3) until it seats on shoulder in gear and install a new retaining snap ring
(Figure 9, Item 1).
Figure 9. Bearing Cup Retaining Snap Ring.