CLEANING AND INSPECTION CONTINUED
Front Main Oil Seal and Wear Sleeve Replacement
1. Secure vibration damper hub (Figure 11, Item 3) in a soft-jawed vise. Be sure vise jaws grasp only hub casting.
Do not cut completely through sleeve. Failure to follow this caution will damage engine
2. Remove any nicks or scratches from wear sleeve contact surface of hub with an emery cloth.
3. Install a new wear sleeve as follows:
a. Apply RTV onto wear sleeve surface of damper hub.
b. Use driver PLT -542 (Figure 11, Item 1) to install a new wear sleeve (Figure 11, Item 2) onto hub
(Figure 11, Item 3) until seal driver bottoms on hub face.
Figure 11. Vibration Damper Hub with Wear Sleeve and Driver.
4. Remove front main oil seal from front cover. Thoroughly clean seal bore in front cover and remove any nicks or
5. Use a tool of sufficient diameter to press on outside diameter of new front main oil seal and press seal into
6. Inspect vibration damper for dents, leaks, or cracks. Replace if damaged.
END OF TASK