Removing fuel injection pump adapter housing will require adjusting fuel injection pump
timing and engine idle speeds. Refer to WP 0028 for this information.
1. Remove tube (Figure 1, Item 1) from tee (Figure 1, Item 5).
2. Remove tube (Figure 1, Item 4) from tee (Figure 1, Item 5).
3. Remove two bolts (Figure 1, Item 3) and clips (Figure 1, Item 2) from crankcase.
4. Rotate engine clockwise until TC mark on vibration damper is in line with timing pointer. At this point No. 1
piston is on top-dead-center (TDC) of compression stroke.
5. Remove front three bolts from push rod chamber cover.
6. Remove bolts, nuts, washers, and adapter housing from crankcase front cover.
Figure 1. Injection Pump Adapter Disconnect Points.
END OF TASK