CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Coat parts to be assembled immediately with lubricant to prevent corrosion.
1. Clean all parts thoroughly IAW General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0019).
2. Flush out axle housing being sure it is completely clean. Be sure all flaked metal deposits and dirt are removed
from corners. Cover differential opening with plastic cover when housing is clean and dry.
3. Check polished surfaces and ring groove of seal retainer for nicks, dents or burrs. Replace seal retainer if
damaged beyond repair.
result in injury to personnel and/or damage to equipment.
1. Inspect all bearings, cups, and cones, including those not removed from axle. If necessary replace worn parts.
2. Inspect all gears and splines for wear or damage. Replace all parts that are scored, pitted, ridged, or worn.
3. Inspect axle shafts for signs of torsional fractures or damage. Replace if necessary.
END OF TASK