PREPARATION FOR OPERATION
f i l l e d and that radiator drain cock and engine
It is essential that the following points be
block drain cock are closed. When there is dan-
checked with machine in a level position before
ger of water freezing in the cooling system, use
operating this MICHIGAN Tractor Shovel.
a reliable brand of permanent type anti-freeze
a c c o r d i n g to manufacturer's instructions. For
Refer to the Lubrication Charts to locate items
f u r t h u r information, please refer to Operation
and Maintenance Manual of engine manufac-
1. Check entire machine for damage in transit or
4 . Check batteries that plates are covered with
water. Add only clean distilled water. Do not
2. Check oil level in the following to specifications
outlined in Lubrication Section.
5. Check fuel level in tank. Handle fuel in clean
containers. Use No. 2 Diesel fuel oil, Cetane 40
b. Transmission case (with engine idling)
c. Front drive axle differential
6. Check that all drain plugs, drain cocks, filler
o p e n i n g s , fuel lines, oil line, hydraulic lines,
d. Front drive axle planetary hubs
cooling system and air cleaner connections are
tight and do not leak.
e. Rear drive axle differential
7. Check tire pressures and hydroinflation. See
f. Rear drive axle planetary hubs
Specifications and Service Data for air pressure
and hydroinflation data. Be sure valve caps are
g . Hydraulic system reservoir
in place to prevent dirt, moisture and foreign
material form damaging valve core.
h . Steering gear
8. Grease all lubrication points of the entire unit.
i . Midmount bearing
Refer to Lubrication Section as a guide for lo-
3. Check cooling system to make sure radiator is
cation and type of lubricant.
[ 05-01-1 ]