Disc Brake Head (Exploded View)
Adjust Parking Brake: When slack develops
1. Open bleeder valve, (See Item 1 Figure 17). and
in parking brake cable, perform the following ad-
actuate brakes several times until fluid coming
f r o m bleeder valve is free of bubbles. Depress
b r a k e pedal and close bleeder valve, then re-
1. With lever in released position, turn acorn on
lease brake pedal.
end of handle clockwise as shown in Figure 18.
2. Actuate brakes several times.
2. Test for good resistance over center as handle is
3. Repeat step 1, until no bubbles are observed in
pulled up to applied position.
fluid from bleeder valves.
The parking brake consists of a mechanical disc
4. Repeat entire process at each brake head to fin-
brake mounted on the front axle. Maintenance con-
sists of occasional adjustment of the parking brake
whenever linings become partially worn down or
Note: Master cylinder(s) must be kept full at
new pad and lining assemblies are installed.
To adjust parking brake, use a feeler gauge and
See Specifications and Service Data section in
t i g h t e n adjusting lever nut, see Figure 19, until
rear of this manual for recommended brake fluid.