lock nuts on the eye bolt at the opposite end of the
that it contacts the differential lever as lightly as
possible and still eliminates engine roll.
3. Move the bolt in the slot of the speed control lever
NOTE: Do not raise the engine idle speed more
until the center of the bolt is on or slightly over center
than 15 rpm with the buffer screw.
(toward the idle speed position) of an imaginary line
through the bolt, lever shift, and eye bolt. Hold the
2. Hold the buffer screw and tighten the lock nut.
bolt and tighten the lock nut.
4. Start the engine and move the speed control lever to
the maximum speed position and release it. The speed
Adjust Booster Spring
control lever should return to the idle position. If it
does not, reduce the tension on the booster spring. If it
With the idle speed adjusted, adjust the booster spring
does, continue to increase the spring tension until the
point is reached that it will not return to idle. Then
reduce the tension until it does return to idle and
1. Move the speed control lever to the idle speed
tighten the lock nut on the eye bolt. This setting will
result in the minimum force required to operate the
speed control lever.
2. Refer to Fig. 7 and loosen the booster spring
5. Connect the linkage to the governor levers.
retaining nut on the speed control lever. Loosen the