19. Remove slack adjuster retaining ring (Fig. 19]. Re-
16. Cut lockwire and remove anchor pin set screws. Un-
move slack adjuster retaining washer. Note position
screw bolt in anchor pin several turns. Use pry bar
of slack adjuster adjusting screw. In some opplica-
under screw head to start anchor pin from spindle
tions, screw is adjacent to air chamber bracket. In
support assembly (Fig. 16).
other applications, it is as shown in Fig. 19.
NOTE: Anchor pins of some axle models are held in
place by retaining plate and bolt. Remove bolt and
anchor plate to remove pins.
20. Use soft mallet to drive slack adjuster from brake
17. Remove anchor pin and remove brake shoe (Fig. 17).
cam shaft (Fig. 20).
1 8 Remove cotter pin and pin securing clevis of air
21. Unseat retaining ring that holds cam shaft positioned
chamber to slack adjuster. Remove nuts and lock-
in brake spider (Fig. 21).
washers securing air chamber to air chamber brack-
et; remove air chamber (Fig. 18).