35. Spread brake shoes and remove assembled brake
32. Match mark parking brake drum to companion flange
shoes and upper parking brake return spring (Fig.
(Fig. 33). This will assure proper balance of parts
36. Remove brake operating cam lever and roller from
33. Position assembled parking brake drum and compan-
brake backing plate (Fig. 37).
ion flange on press and apply light press pressure to
bolts (Fig. 34). Do not distort or score parking brake
drum by clamping tightly in vise.
34. Remove lower parking brake spring with brake spring
ing plate to differential and carrier assembly (Fig.
pliers (Fig. 35).
38). Temporarily reinstall companion flange on pinion
shaft to facilitate removal of differential and carrier