4. Stake pinion shaft ball groove in two places to retain
Reassembly of Planet Carrier
shaft (Fig. 155).
1. Coat inside of planet pinion with chassis grease to re-
tain pinion needle rollers, Each pinion contains a
double row of needle rollers, with a spacer between
rows. Install a row of 28 rollers, roller spacer and an-
other row of 28 rollers in each pinion (Fig. 152).
Reassembly of Axle Parts
1. Coat both sides of differential gasket lightly with
gasket sealer and position carefully on axle housing
2. Position assembled pinion and two pinion thrust
washers in planet carrier, making sure tangs on thrust
washer engage the grooves in the spider (Fig. 153).
2. Position differential carrier on axle housing (Fig. 157).
3. Press in pinion shaft, making sure the pinion shaft ball
recess aligns with groove in spider. Insert pinion shaft
ball and complete press (Fig. 154). Press end of pinion
shoft flush with face of carrier.