7. Install a new secondary element.
Torque the element nuts to 27 ± 7 N.m
(20 ± 5 lb ft).
2. Remove the bolts, Remove the
secondary element. Discard the secondary
3. Cover the air inlet opening.
8. Install a clean primary element and the
cover. Tighten the cover screws.
4. Clean the entire air cleaner, including
the precleaned, if necessary.
5. Uncover the air inlet opening.
6. Inspect the gasket between the filter
housing and the engine air inlet. Replace
the gasket, if it is damaged.
Always replace the secondary element. Do
not attempt to reuse it by cleaning.
9. Tighten the cover screws finger tight
to 4 N.m (3 lb ft) torque maximum. Do not
use a tool to tighten them.