DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Turbocharger Fixture Group 1
a) remove turbocharger
1. Put the turbocharger in position tool (A).
2. Put a mark on compressor housing (1) and
the backplate assembly for use at assembly.
Remove the compressor housing from the
3. Change the position of tool (A) so the
compressor wheel is up as shown.
4. Put a mark on housing (2) and turbine
housing (3) so that the housing can be put
back in the same position in the turbine
housing at assembly.
5. Remove the bolts, lockplates and clamps
that hold the housing in the turbine housing
and remove the housing.
6. Put the housing in position on tool (B).
7. Use tool (C) and a socket of the correct size to
remove nut (5) from the shaft.
Do not put a side force on the shaft when the
nut is removed.
8. Remove compressor wheel (4) from the
9. Remove the housing from the shaft.
10. Remove shroud (6) from the turbine wheel