11. Remove seal ring (7) from the turbine
12. Put a mark on the housing and backplate
assembly for use at assembly. Remove the
bolts and plates that hold the housing to the
backplate assembly. Remove the housing.
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
13. Remove bearing (8), collar (9) and the seal
ring from backplate assembly (10).
14. Remove the seal ring and bearing from the
15. Remove seal ring (11) from the housing.
16. Remove the snap ring, bearing (12) and the
snap ring from each side of the housing.
1. Make sure all oil passages are clean and free
of all dirt or foreign material. Put clean
engine oil on all of the parts before assem-
2. Install the inner snap ring, bearing (1) and
snap ring (2) in each side of the housing.
NOTE: The snap rings must be installed with the
round side toward the bearing.