DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
REMOVE EXHAUST MANIFOLD
a) remove muffler
b) remove turbocharger
c) remove fuel injection lines
1. Remove the bolts, nuts and muffler bracket (l)
from the exhaust manifold.
2. Remove nut (2), the bolt and heat shield (3)
from the engine.
3. Remove spacers (6), nuts (5) and the washers
that hold exhaust manifold (4) to the engine.
4. Remove exhaust manifold (4) and the gaskets.
INSTALL EXHAUST MANIFOLD
1. If a replacement of studs (1) is necessary, put
5P3931 Anti-Seize Compound on the threads
of the studs. Install the new studs and tighten to
a torque of 27 ± 4 N·m (20 ± 3 lb. ft.).
2. Install new gaskets on the studs with the tabs
toward the front of the engine.
3. Put 5P3931 Anti-Seize Compound on the
threads of the studs and nuts.
4. Put exhaust manifold (2) in position on the
engine and install the washers and nuts.
5. Install spacers (4) on the stud.
6. Install heat shield (5) on the engine.
7. Install muffler bracket (3) on the exhaust man-
a) install muffler
b) install turbocharger
c) install fuel injection lines