DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
FUEL FILTER BASE AND FILTER
REMOVE FUEL FILTER BASE AND
1262 & 1261-11
NOTE: The fuel filter can be removed from the base
with tool (A).
1. Remove tube assembly (1) from the fuel filter
2. Put identification on wires (2) and disconnect
them from the sending unit.
3. Remove bolts (4) and fuel filter base (3) and
the filter as a unit from the engine.
INSTALL FUEL FILTER BASE AND
1262 & 1261-12
1. If necessary, make a replacement of the fuel
2. Put the fuel filter base (1), the filter and the
gasket in position on the fuel injection pump
housing. Install the bolts that hold it.
3. Connect wires (3) to the sending unit.
4. Install tube assembly (2) on the fuel filter base.