DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
1. Move the machine to put drain plug (2) in the
position shown. Remove plug (2) and drain the
oil from the final drive.
2. Remove the bolts and cover assembly (1).
Check the O-ring seal in the cover for wear or
damage. If necessary, make a replacement.
3. Install a ½-13 NC forged eyebolt (3) in the
end of the axle as shown. Pull the axle (4) out of
the final drive until a hoist can be fastened to it.
4. Fasten a hoist and remove axle (4) from the
machine. The weight of axle (4) is 23 kg (50
NOTE: If the axle can not be removed, move the
machine a small amount to the front or rear until the
axle can be pulled from the differential and final
5. Use tool (A) and remove ring (6) from the axle.
6. Remove gear (5) from the axle.