DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
REMOVE FINAL DRIVES
a) remove axles
Remove two bolts from the wheel assembly and
install two 5/8-11 NC guide bolts (1) in their
Install tooling (A) on the final drive planetary
carrier as shown.
Fasten a hoist to tooling (A). Remove the re-
mainder of the bolts that hold the final drive
planetary carrier to the wheel assembly.
Install two ½-13 NC forcing screws (2) and
loosen final drive planetary carrier (3) from the
wheel assembly. Remove the final drive plane-
tary carrier from the machine. The weight of
the unit is 57 kg (125 lb.).
Remove the O-ring seal from the planetary
Remove ring (4) and gear (5) from the hub.
INSTALL FINAL DRIVES
1. Install gear (2) and ring (1) to the hub.
2. Install the O-ring seal around the final drive
planetary carrier and put clean oil on it.
3. Install two 5/8-11 NC guide bolts (4) in the
wheel assembly as shown.
4. Fasten a hoist to final drive planetary carrier
(3) with tooling (A) and put the unit in posi-
5. Tighten the bolts that hold final drive planetary
carrier (4) to a torque of 270 ± 25 N·m (200 ±
18 lb. ft.).
a) install axles