DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
WHEELS, BEARINGS AND DUO-CONE SEALS
6. Use tooling (B) and strap (4) to wheel assembly
(5) as shown. Put wheel assembly (5) in posi-
tion on the spindle.
7. Heat bearing cone (6) to a maximum tempera-
ture of 135°C (275°F) and install it on hub (7)
8. Use tool (C) and a press to install the bushing in
9. Install hub (7) and the bearing on the spindle.
10. Use an outside micrometer (8) and measure the
thickness of plate (9) at the three small holes.
Find the plate average thickness.