REAR AXLE HOUSING FRONT SUPPORT
INSTALL REAR AXLE HOUSING FRONT
1. Use a press and tool (A) to push the bearing in
support (1) until it makes contact with the
shoulder in its bore.
2. Install ring (2) to hold the bearing in position.
3. Use tooling (B) to install lip type seals (3) in
each side of the support. Make sure the lips of
the seals are toward the outside as shown.
4. Fasten a hoist and put front support (1) in
position on the differential pinion housing.
Make sure the side of support (1) with the snap
ring in it is toward the yoke end of the pinion
shaft. The grease fitting in support (1) must be
toward the top of the axle housing.
5. Install yoke (4) on the differential pinion shaft.
a) install rear axle housing