AIR COMPRESSOR PISTON
Models 950BNS and 950BS
INSTALL PISTON AND ROD
1. The gap for oil ring (1) and the gap for rings
(2) is measured with the rings near the bot-
tom in cylinder (12). The gap for each ring
is .003 to .009 in. (0.08 to 0.23 mm).
2. Install rings (1) and (2) on piston (3). The
gap for each ring must not be near the
piston pin bore and each gap must be
approximately 120° from the gap in the
3. Install pin (4) in piston (3) and rod (6).
Install pin lock (7). The mark put on the
piston shows if the location of the piston on
the rod is correct.
4. Put rod (6) and piston (3) into crankcase
(11). Install rod cap (5). The marks put on
the rod cap and rod show the correct loca-
tion of the rod in crankcase (11).
5. Tighten bolts (9) to a torque of 35 to 40
lb.in. (40.6 to 46.1 cm.kg). Bend lock (10)
over bolt heads.
6. Put a new gasket on both end cover (13)
and cover (15) and install the covers and
gaskets on crankcase (11).
7. Put a new gasket (14) on cylinder (12) and
put the gasket and cylinder on crankcase
(11). The marks put on the cylinder and
crankcase, before the head assembly was re-
moved, must be together.
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
a) install head assembly